City Council is made up of one Mayor and six Councillors responsible for local government leadership and decision-making in the City of Humboldt.

(Back L-R: Michael Behiel, Owen Hopfner, Larry Jorgenson; Front L-R: Roger Nordick, Sandy Weyland, Mayor Rob Muench, Lorne Pratchler)

The Mayor is the presiding officer of the City Council and is responsible for appointing individuals to Boards and Committees, subject to the approval of City Council.

City Council is responsible for several key functions, including:

  • Initiating, amending and adopting City bylaws;
  • Approving contracts, purchases and agreements;
  • Approval of capital and operating budgets;
  • Determining mill rates for the municipal portion of property taxes;
  • Exercising all discretionary powers of the City, both legislative and executive;
  • Providing direction to City Administration through the City Manager;
  • Stewardship of public assets; and
  • Regulating and controlling land development within the City limits.

Council Meetings

Regular Council Meetings

City Council meets on the second and fourth Monday of every month at 5:30 pm in Council Chambers at City Hall (715 Main Street).  These meetings are open to the public.


Standing Committee of Council Meetings

Committee meetings typically meet at the same time each month.  

The Communications & Community Development Committee meets on the first Tuesday; the Public Works & Utilities Committee meets on the first Wednesday; the Corporate Services Committee meets on the third Monday; the Community & Leisure Services Committee meets on the third Tuesday of every month; and Cultural Services typically meets the second week of each month.  These meetings are open to the public.


Public Hearing Meetings

Public Hearing meetings are held in order for local residents to provide input that will help Council in the decision-making process related to applications for change to an Official Community Plan or a Zoning Bylaw.  Public Hearings are generally held with a Regular Council Meeting at which Council will give consideration to information brought forward on a certain matter.  These meetings are advertised in the local newspaper and online and are open to the public.

If you are interested in a Public Hearing topic but cannot attend a meeting, your input can be forwarded to City Council through the City Clerk.  Typed or legibly written comments must be signed, include a full mailing address, and can be submitted by mail to the City Clerk, City of Humboldt, P.O. Box 640, Humboldt, SK, S0K 2A0; by fax to (306) 682-3144; or by email to info@วิเคราะห์บอล8888

Proclamations & Delegations


A proclamation is a public or official announcement.  All requests for proclamations are processed by the City Clerk on behalf of the Mayor.  A request for proclamation should meet at least one of the following criteria:

  • The requesting agency is a charitable or not-for-profit organization;
  • The cause is of provincial or national significance;
  • The cause is for the benefit of the majority of Humboldt residents; or
  • The cause is an initiative within the City of Humboldt.

Requests to support a cause that may be contentious or divisive within the community or those with commercial or political overtones will not be considered.

Please note requests for proclamations need to be submitted in writing to the City Clerk by mail to City of Humboldt, P.O. Box 640, Humboldt, SK, S0K 2A0; by fax to (306) 682-3144; or by email to info@วิเคราะห์บอล8888  Supporting information is welcome.

Please submit request two weeks prior to the proposed date of the proclamation.



Would you like to address Humboldt City Council on an issue?  If so, you may wish to appear as a delegation before Council.  A delegation is an individual or group representing an issue, cause or activity.  Each delegation is given about 10 minutes during a Council meeting to make a presentation, after which Council members may ask questions or comment on the information presented.

In order to appear as a delegation, requests need to be submitted in writing to the City Clerk, as per the procedure outlined for proclamations.

A delegation request needs to include the following information:

  • The subject you wish to present;
  • The name and address of the designated speaker(s); and
  • A telephone number and/or email address of the designated speaker(s).

Requests to appear as a delegation must be received by noon the Thursday prior to the Council meeting.

Please note information provided during a delegation's presentation will be considered to form part of the public record.


Questions?  Contact the City Clerk at (306) 682-2525 for more information.